You don’t have to be a fashion designer. It’s easy and simple.
Our technology is based on the art of sewing and patternmaking (making the blueprint for a garment), which we believe is the only way to truly express the garment realistically. You don’t need a fashion design background to create clothing using Marvelous designer. It is surprisingly easy and simple with our intuitive tools. Build your skills by mastering our online curriculum.
Easy to use software that just makes sense.
Designing “true to life” virtual garments is easy and straightforward with our intuitive user interface and tools such as arrangement points and pins. Marvelous Designer saves you from guessing how clothes should fit in real life.
Textural coordinates are packaged along with your patterns for simple data translation and use. Edit textures, fabrics and physical properties via our preset library to accurately simulate onto your characters without costing countless hours.
Augmented capability with your existing software tools.
Across modeling and animation, Marvelous Designer can easily import and export data between software including Maya, 3DS Max, Softimage, Modo and ZBrush. Major game studios like EA and Ubisoft as well as the animated film studios behind Avatar (Weta Digital) and Total Recall (Double Negative) have taken advantage of our softwareâ™s compatibility.
You can add rich details onto garments ranging from shoulder pads to stitches.
Authentic simulation for amazing animation.
Bringing your characters to life doesn’t have to take a lifetime. Traditional modeling and sculpting techniques require hours of work for each wrinkle, band, and fold and can’t guarantee convincing results. Marvelous Designer’s animation cache functionality with high-polygon modeling makes it possible to capture the realistic movement of clothing when draped onto moving characters whether they are running, jumping, or twirling in midair.
Revolutionizing 3D virtual clothing.
Marvelous Designer’s novel pattern-based approach allows not only for beautiful graphics, but also compiles your garments’
data to be reused, revamped, and refreshed again and again.
-Pattern Creation and Editing: Our expansive pattern design feature lets you easily create and edit rectangular, circular, or any other polygon shaped patterns. In addition, we provide intuitive interfaces such as moving point/segment in parallel/perpendicular fashion, moving point/segment via input value, or dividing a segment proportionally.
-Segment and Free Sewing: Our simple and smart sewing tool makes life easier for users.You can easily create and edit seam lines with more freedom in sewing directions and range, accurate sewing has been extremely difficult to articulate in other 3D CAD software due to the limitations in its narrow directions and range.
What’s new in version [188.8.131.52]
– [Added] Avatar motion ‘mtn’ save with selected range.
– [Added] Coloring the thick layer of a pattern
– [Added] Double-side coloring on each side of fabrics.
– [Added] Inner shape lock/hide
– [Added] OBJ export with print overlay
– [Added] OBJ export with thickness option
– [Added] Obj to cloth (rigid body simulation) part 1
– [Added] Save OBJ with texture as zip format
– [Improved] Seam line activation after ‘Deactivate’ and ‘Freeze’
– [Improved] [mac] Exception handling in installer regarding registry
– [Improved] A new list is always created when zfab file is dropped
– [Improved] Animation is not automatically played when in animation mode
– [Improved] Can delete AP and BV in the avatar window directly.
– [Improved] Changed the menu name of pattern lock
– [Improved] Clothes rendering style kept with user preset
– [Improved] Diffuse color is shown in the top in the material property window when selecting avatar
– [Improved] Fitting Display improved
– [Improved] Manual .anm file playing after open.
– [Improved] Measure property highlight color changed
– [Improved] Mesh is not moved if clicked even if simulation is on
– [Improved] Pattern texture scale synchronization
– [Improved] Print texture copy and paste by ‘Ctrl+C’ and ‘Ctrl+V’.
– [Improved] Simulation automatically stopped with new pattern created
– [Fixed] [Linux] Crash in when saving zfab file, load zfab file, when drag&drop png file in 3D window
– [Fixed] [Linux] Translation of pattern is larger than gizmo’s movement
– [Fixed] [Linux] When zfab file made in windows is modified in linux, it shows as being created in a higher version when opened in windows
– [Fixed] [Linux] zprj file not opening in MD
– [Fixed] [mac, linux] Certain zprj does not open properly
– [Fixed] [mac] Freezes when saving
– [Fixed] [mac] path error when path included japanese or korean
– [Fixed] 2D window does not update properly when reloading garment file during pattern lock
– [Fixed] After deactivate and freeze, mesh does not undo properly
– [Fixed] Animation recording bug when inserting print texture and not synchronizing + simulation
– [Fixed] Back of pattern rendered with front fabric color in 3D window
– [Fixed] Bump map does not work
– [Fixed] Can edit inner shape/line that was locked using the transform pattern tool
– [Fixed] Cant change fps when importing point cache
– [Fixed] Certain obj texture disappeared
– [Fixed] Clothes pattern selected with hidden on the texture edit tool mode
– [Fixed] Crash after import obj after making another obj transparent
– [Fixed] Crash after loading default garment when there is hole in pattern, and pin was created
– [Fixed] Crash after using texture scale edit
– [Fixed] Crash when changing from Multi Pinning Mode to Move Pattern Mode
– [Fixed] Crash when controlling the viewport after moving pattern with gizmo
– [Fixed] Crash when deactivate-simulate
– [Fixed] Crash when deleting point in arrangement point list when there is no avatar
– [Fixed] Crash when deleting texture when a pattern with that texture is right clicked
– [Fixed] Crash when undo-ing change in elastic property in pattern
– [Fixed] Crashes after recording animation, then loading animation in simulation mode
– [Fixed] Crashes in simulation
– [Fixed] Crashes when deleting obj map
– [Fixed] Crashes when moving inner shape/line in 3D avatar window after locking
– [Fixed] Crashes when pattern was freezed and simulation was turned on and off
– [Fixed] Crashes when using ctrl-a during box selection
– [Fixed] Crashes when using drag and drop place fabric file to the fabric list
– [Fixed] Edge part of garment is not smooth
– [Fixed] Entire cloth is hidden when using strain map, stress map, then turning the simulation off and clicking pattern in 3d window
– [Fixed] Esc does not work when clicking pattern, then using ctrl-c -> ctrl-v
– [Fixed] Exporting garment bug when export to obj and not selecting thick but rendering width the enlarged
– [Fixed] Fabric cannot ‘drag & drop’ into fabric list
– [Fixed] Fold Angle not set properly in seamline and inner shape
– [Fixed] Gizmo not shown on the multi-pin
– [Fixed] Images load darker when refreshing texture in 3D window
– [Fixed] Inner line angle bug
– [Fixed] Inner Shape can be changed when it is locked
– [Fixed] Inner Shape can be deleted when it is locked
– [Fixed] Keyboard arrow key works abnormally when detaching pattern window.
– [Fixed] Multi texture movement
– [Fixed] Multipin problem
– [Fixed] Multi-view capture does not work in certain computers
– [Fixed] Only part of pattern is copied when inner shape/line lock
– [Fixed] Only some pattern is flipped when using Flip Texture
– [Fixed] Opacity doesn’t change and set to 0 with new OBJ file loaded
– [Fixed] Pattern bug with repeated undo
– [Fixed] Pattern cannot be selected with move object on the obj file saved as avt file
– [Fixed] Pattern disappears when undoing after delete all base lines
– [Fixed] Pattern is not recorded when pattern is newly added
– [Fixed] Pattern is partly hidden when rendering mode is thick mode, and outerline and innerline is made as a seamline
– [Fixed] Physical Property is not applied when another zfab file is already loaded to fabric list
– [Fixed] Picking cloth is somewhat random
– [Fixed] Pin is not hidden when pattern is set to hide
– [Fixed] Pin/Pinching mode disabled after clothes hided
– [Fixed] Pop-up menu disabled with measure tool/pinching tool selected
– [Fixed] Pop-up menu improvement with right mouse button clicked on the print texture
– [Fixed] Problem with rotation
– [Fixed] Problem with width and height in texture transformation in zfab file
– [Fixed] Property Editor in Menu-Windows is not shown in MD3 basic license
– [Fixed] Property Window does not show when clicking A-Point, A-BV Measure in ObjectBrowser
– [Fixed] Reverse-arrange menu isn’t draped correctly.
– [Fixed] Screen position error
– [Fixed] Seamline does not update properly in one-sided rendering mode
– [Fixed] Seamline is not selected when first made, but is shown as selected
– [Fixed] Simulation does not stop
– [Fixed] Simulation suddenly stops
– [Fixed] Texture doesn’t appear when cartoon rendering
– [Fixed] Texture image of line was not set properly when using unfold
– [Fixed] Texture Image size is different when dragging zfab file
– [Fixed] Texture inivisible bug
– [Fixed] Texture scale minimized with same image reloading
– [Fixed] Texture transformation width / height value in fabric file is not read properly after 184.108.40.206 if saved before 220.127.116.11
– [Fixed] The motion set to the first frame when changing to simulation mode.
– [Fixed] The pattern becomes unselected with shift key resizing
– [Fixed] Thumbnail image with avatar window icon
– [Fixed] Tool position keep its location after restarting the program
– [Fixed] Undo does not work after changing the color of obj
– [Fixed] Undo does not work properly
– [Fixed] Undo does not work properly when flipping texture horizontally after inserting texture
– [Fixed] Uniform color for Uniform split
– [Fixed] UV is broken when exporting thick pattern
– [Fixed] When synchronized, gizmo is left in the 3D window when pattern is deleted from 2d window
– [Fixed] Wind object does not show when pressing ‘Show Wind’
– [Fixed] X-Ray Joint between two feet cannot be clicked
System Requirements (RECOMMENDED)
OS : Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7
CPU : Pentium i5 Series
GPU Desktop : Nvidia Geforce GTX 250
GPU Laptop : Nvidia Geforce GTX 460M
Ram : 4GB
Languages : Arabic, Chinese, English, Japanese, Korean, French, Russian, Turkish, Portuguese, Spanish
Homepage : http://www.marvelousdesigner.com/