The Art of Color Correction: Artistic Color Grading on the Timeline | 1.40GB
Duration: 2h 41m | Video: AVC (.mp4) 960×540 15&30fps | Audio: AAC 48KHz 2ch
Genre: eLearning | Level: Appropriate for all | Language: English
Classical painters who spent their lives investigating light, color, and form can teach us a great deal about composition, color, and light in video. This course enables editors to replicate the techniques of the masters in their own films, simulating visual techniques like chiaroscuro, sfumato, and the Impressionist style of capturing light, color, and specular highlights. Author Simon Walker covers painterly treatments that are easily applied to a wide range of footage, including landscapes, portraits, interiors, and close-ups. He uses Colorista II and Magic Bullet Looks to achieve these effects, but the principles can be applied to almost any color correction toolset.
* What is a grade?
* Starting with contrast and color
* Observing Michelangelo’s approach to high and low contrast
* Accentuating highlights in the style of Fra Angelico
* Working with Leonardo da Vinci’s limited palettes
* Using chiaroscuro to increase tension
* Changing the mood of a scene with light and shade
* Applying colors to complement skin tones