Ostraining – Joomla 2 Beginner
English | June 1, 2011 | mp4 | H264 640×400, 840×524 | AAC 2 ch | 716 MB
eLearning | Level: Beginner
This class teaches you all of the essential concepts and knowledge you need to get started with Joomla 2.
This Joomla 2 Beginner class is aimed at people who are completely new to Joomla. You don’t need have any experience or know any coding.
In the first part of the class, we introduce you to Joomla and explain the basics about how Joomla works:
– What is Joomla?
– Navigating the Public Site
– Navigating the Administrator Site
In the second part of the class, you’ll see how to manage content in Joomla. You’ll add text and images then see all your options for presenting content to your visitors.
– Introduction to JCE
– Media Manager
– Creating New Articles – Inserting and Formatting Images
– Creating New Articles – Inserting and Formatting Text
– Adding a New Article
– The Joomla Workflow
– Creating New Articles – Inserting Code
– Featured Articles
– The Category Manager
– The Article Manager
– Menu Manager
– Link to an Article
– Link to a List
– Link to a Blog
In the third part of the class, you’ll learn about extensions which provide all of the extra features you could want in your Joomla site:
– Overview of Extensons
– Extension Manager
– Module Manager
– New Modules
In the fourth part of the class, you’ll learn about design and show you how to find, install and use a great-looking template:
– What is a Template?
– Installing and Configuring a Template
– Modifying Your Template
In the fifth part of the class, we show you how to keep your Joomla site safe and secure.
– User Manager
– User Manager Options
– Access Control Levels
– Help Menu
– Maintenance and Security of Your Joomla Site
In the final part of the class, you’ll learn about a wide variety of installation options for Joomla:
– Local Installation on a Mac
– One Click Installation at Your Web Host
– Local Installation on a PC
– Manual Installation at your Web Host